Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Block #5 for Bloggers’ Block-a-palooza Quilt-along


Here is the next block for the Bloggers’ Block-a-palooza. Block #5 Geesey McNinePatch was created and presented by Kaye of Miss Print. I think this block has been MY most challenging block to day in this QAL. Kaye brought us a block filled with flying geese as well as another technique for creating them which I always welcome.

Let me first clarify why I felt so challenged by this block. Well it was the geese. Even though I have been doing geese in almost every block so far I have not had so many in one row till now. I have to say that I like Kaye’s technique for making them, I’m just not sure where I went wrong. In the end my geese did not fly straight so it left my block very crooked.

Rest assured though this block has not beaten me. I will be redoing this block when I have a chance to before the end of the QAL. I love a challenge and this definitely is one for me. I will get those geese to fly straight.

I have to just stop and say here that I really appreciate this and other quilt-alongs because they are giving me a real chance to grow as a sewist and quilter. Learning new techniques and block layouts is always fun. I think that is what has inspired me to make some of my own variations on these blocks. As you will see I didn’t do a regular nine patch in the center but ended up with what looks like a snow ball from a distance.


I’m not sure if I will be going back to the regular nine patch in my redo or not we shall see, it all depends on how I feel at that time.

Ok I present my finished block #5.


Note this picture was not taken at an angle. You can see how truly off my block is.

Now head over to the Flicker group to see what everyone else is doing. See you there.

So until the next block, happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment