Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Big Clean Up 2011

As I have gotten back into my sewing and quilting I am finding that I am not alone when it comes to having a fabric stash that is a little out of hand. I have to admit the amount of fabric is less than what I have seen of others but it is the fact that a lot of the fabric I have had for many, many years and something needs to be done. Ok I have identified the problem now on to a solution.


One thing I have been doing is trying to tackle a new project at least every week. Well I have to tell you it was going well in the beginning and then it came to a stand still until….I found other bloggers who have/are putting together quilt-alongs or other tutorial sessions for sewing projects.

I thought about joining a quilting bee at first but I think that was just to much for me to tackle at this time. However when I found my first quilt-along, Bloggers’ Block-a-palozza at Quilt Dad I thought this could be just the thing for me. I am working only from my current fabric stash which is helping me use it and it is helping me to time manage my quilting/sewing. I have to admit that if I don’t finish a project right away I can get bored with it and then I start a new one. My shelf is littered with unfinished projects but no more. I promised myself that 2011 would be the year I cleaned out my stash.

This year I will try to join as many quilt-alongs and try different projects such as pillows, bags, book covers, etc. that by the end of 2011 my stash will be next to nothing. I know that sounds weird but I think I need to start focusing on buying when needed or buying when there is a definite project to be made. No more buying just because it is pretty or there is a major sale going on (my biggest weakness).

So here’s to 2011 the year of the Clean Up. I will keep you informed on my projects and my progress.

So until the next time, happy sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment