Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Cherry House Quilt QAL Week 2: Pieced Columns


So we have entered week 2 of the CHQ quilt-along and things are progressing nicely. I am happy with my results so far and also surprised how straight my columns came out. Yes this week we did our columns and I have to admit I had fun doing them. They didn’t take a lot of time piecing them together and I helps me to be more patient when doing my piece work.

We are always in a rush to complete everything but some things in life like quilting you should take time and pay attention to details. I found that if you want your columns to be straight you can’t just zoom through them. All it takes is one set to be off and then you whole column is off.

I’ve had fun so far doing this quilt I am very much considering doing another on a larger scale, we shall see. In the mean time here are my columns. Below you will se a close up and full length pictures of my columns.



It is not too late to join in on this QAL if you go to the Flicker group you can not only see the pictures of everyone’s progress but Cherri has also put up the links to her blog to find the information to join in.

So until next Tuesday, happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment