Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Block #4 for Bloggers’ Block-a-palooza Quilt-along


Here is the next block for the Bloggers’ Block-a-palooza. Block #4 Gingham Pinwheel was created and presented by Cherri of Cherry House Quilts. I love this block because she took those geese and turned them into a pinwheel.

I must say I have been having a lot of fun with this quilt-along and by the end if I am not a wiz at creating a flying geese piece I will be very surprised. This block kept things very simple but very versatile. It lends it’s hand to personalization without losing the effect of the original block. That is how I came up with my version of it. With very subtle changes I was able to achieve a double pinwheel affect that I love.

I followed the easy instructions she posted but changed the color layout for one piece to give me the look I wanted.

Here are my flying geese for this block.

Here is where I varied slightly from Cherri’s design. I used a contrasting fabric for the rectangle that sets adjacent to the flying geese which gave me a double pinwheel.

Ok there we go here is my finished block #4.

Now head over to the Flicker group to see what everyone else is doing. See you there.

So until the next block, happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment