Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mama Tiger Pillow

A few weeks ago my daughter, who doesn’t sew, came to me and asked if I could help her send a package to her husband who is deployed at the moment. She wanted to make sure that she sent him a package so that it would arrive to him for Valentine’s Day.

Well I thought ok maybe I can sew him something but I knew something like a quilt would not be done in time so I looked though my fabric and had these panels with animals on them I was going to use several years ago but never got around to it. The funny thing is that the panels had a tiger motif on two pieces of and pandas on another. You may be asking “Why is that so funny Marisa?” Well my daughter and son-in-law have nicknames for each other and they just so happened to Mama Tiger and Papa Panda, go figure.

My Daughter Staci and her husband David

I have been sitting on this fabric for a long time and didn’t think much about it until I began reorganizing my fabric stash and voila.

Ok here is the pillow I made for my son-in-law. I didn’t take step-by-step photos but here is the finished pillow from a few angles.

Front

The front is from a panel piece which included a border along the edge which I used fro the sides as you can see in the next photo.

Front and Side

Back

The back was from another tiger fabric I had and the colors worked so well together.

It was just filled with fiber fill so it will be easily washed when needed.

I think this pillow came out really well now I have to make a panda one for my daughter. I don’t have a panda panel like with the tiger so I’ll have to find a design that will show off the pandas in the fabric. I will most likely be fussy cutting.

So until the next pillow, happy sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment