Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Quilt-along Number 2 with Cherry House Quilts

Ok as I wrote in my clean up post I am working to join as many quilt-alongs this year as I can to help me dwindle down the size of my fabric stash. Well here is my second quilt-along.


Cherri from Cherry House Quilts has set up a quilt-along that starts at the beginning of February. She says the quilt in this quilt-along was inspired by a pair of socks so she decided that the name will be the Socken (German for socks) Quilt-along. If you would like to follow along you can find information here, a schedule and shopping list here and cutting instructions here. There is a Flicker group set up for all of us to upload photos of our progress. There is even a button you can put on your blog found here.

The quilt design is very modern looking and it calls for solid fabrics. However, as I am working solely with my current fabric stash so my fabrics will be a mix of solid and print fabrics.

Here is the list and photos of my fabric picks:

Background: Tan (solid)

Binding: Muted Yellow Roses

Color Strips: Yellow Paisley
Mustard Scroll
Yellow tone on tone dots
Brown Stripe

Backing: Tan Fan Motif


Ok according to the schedule next will be PIECED COLUMNS on 2/8/11 so keep watching to Cherry House Quilts for the next part of the quilt-along.

I just want to thank Cherri for setting up this quilt-along I think it will be great fun.

So until next time, happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment