Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Block #1 for Bloggers’ Block-a-palooza Quilt-along


Hi everyone this is an exciting time for me. I have had the pleasure of joining a quilt-along group. This group is called Bloggers’ Block-a-palooza: Waiting for Spring and was started by John at Quilt Dad blog and includes blocks from several very wonderful designers. I said that I was very excited about this because this is my opportunity to really get myself back into sewing/quilting.

This quilt-along is really giving me the opportunity to learn new things, gain time management of my projects, use my overwhelming amount of my fabric stash, meet new and wonderful people and become familiar with the current fabrics and designers out there.

Block-a-palooza began on January 24th with block #1 Flying Over Fields by Quilt Dad which can be found here. The first block and tutorial is very simple and great for any level sewer/quilter.

This is my first quilt-along and I am loving it and having a lot of fun. I love the anticipation of seeing what the next block will be. As I feel I need to get a handle on my fabric stash I decided that instead of using the proposed fabric collection I would use fabric I already had and it is working out great so far. Below are photos of my first block and the fabric I chose.

Fabric Set

Four Patch

Flying Geese

Finished Block #1

So if you haven’t already joined it is not to late to join in. Stop by the Flicker group and see what’s been uploaded so far.

So until the next block, happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment